The aim of the study programme is to provide higher college education in the field of design which meets the European standards by preparing specialists whose professional competence will allow them to effectively create a consistent and harmonious image concept of an individual client.
State code: 6531PX001
Field of studies: Design
Area of studies: Arts
Mode of Studies: full-time studies
Lenght of Programme: 3 academic years (180 ECTS)
Name of Qualification: Professional bachelor of Arts
Access to professional activity or further study
The acquired Professional Bachelor’s degree in Art will enable a graduate to work in fashion and modeling business, in advertising, media, theatre, cinema and politics as well as in entertainment and other businesses cooperating with other beauty professionals.
Access to further study: Graduates of first cycle higher education programme will be able to study further in second cycle catering, art study fields programmes in Lithuania and abroad.
Studies and practice
Study subjects (modules), practical training
Study modules: Introduction to professional studies; Information management; Art and beauty; Basics of fashion design; Design of image; Image design technology I; Image design technology II; Creative, Practical and research activities; Individual image (I); Individual image (II); Fashion designer‘s practical activities; Dissemination of professional experience.
Elements of module ( study subjects): Essentials of philosophy of art; Aesthetics; Communication psychology; Foreign language; Basics of law; Studying primers; Plastic anatomy; History of art; Basics of design; Theory of colour and drawing; Professional values and ethics; History of costume; Computer graphics; Style analysis and fashion trends; Basics of fashion desings; Cosmetics technologies;Garment Construction and Modelling; Hairstyles design fundamentals; Accessories production technologies; Methodology of applied research; Course work; Concept of image; Design of image; Basics of photography; Image psychology; Visualisation of image design; Presentation of image; Basics of fashion design; Final thesis.
Elective elements of the module (study subjects): Information technology; Information management; Public speaking; Management of art projects; Design of special image; Language culture; Foreign language II.
Professional practice: Study of practice, Technological practice; Creative practice, Individuali mage building practice; Final practice.
Exchange studies: Possibility to take part in Erasmus+ exchange programme for studies and internships and get monthly scholarships of 300 – 700 Eur.
St. Ignatius Loyola College conditions for admission
Minimal education of the applicant: Secondary
- 1st – 3rd prize at international and national Olympiad competitions*
- Professional experience. Diploma with honors of the same education field in vocational training programme or one year‘s work experience according to the qualification acquired (1 point)*
- Certificate of completion of basic military training or permanent compulsory initial military service (0,5 point)*
- Assessment of middle school final paper work (9 or more scores) (0,25 point)*
- Certificate of completion of volunteering in long-term national or international youth programmes (3 months or more) (0,25 point)*
* The student adds additional data by himself by completing the application in the LAMA BPO system.