St. Ignatius of Loyola University of Applied Sciences is an independent Catholic higher education institution that aims to carry out science and business integrated study programmes managed on the basis of the Ignatian Pedagogical Paradigm.
St. Ignatius of Loyola University of Applied Sciences provides a quality higher education which meets modern requirements; the students are enabled to gain practical and entrepreneurial skills as well as international and social experience. A lot of attention is being paid to cherishing Christian values and to developing a sense of belonging to society as well as social responsibility.
Mission – to conduct the studies which integrate scientific and business ideas in compliance with St. Ignatius of Loyola pedagogical paradigm.
Vision – St. Ignatius of Loyola University of Applied Sciences as the most reputable and innovative higher education institution.
Values – Faith, Community spirit, Honesty, Respect.
Faith – this is a virtue that helps to believe in God and to consolidate human powers to achieve the goals;
Community spirit – this is togetherness to achieve the common objectives, share information, take care of each other creating purposefully growing and strengthening community, helping to reveal best qualities of its members;
Honesty – this is the integrity of thoughts, words and actions related to the God and other individuals with the desire to implement what is true, correct and responsible;
Respect – this sensitivity, attentiveness, kindness in relationship with yourself and others, recognizing each person’s dignity and value of life.
Priority lines of action
- Develop the St. Ignatius of Loyola University of Applied Sciences philosophy
- Integrate science and business ideas into the process of studies
- Cooperate with social partners
- Financial management of the St. Ignatius of Loyola University of Applied Sciences
- Develop the culture of communication
- St. Ignatius of Loyola University of Applied Sciences was founded in 2010 in Kaunas. Founders – Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Kaunas, Lithuanian Jesuit province, JSC “Ortopedikos klinika”.
- St. Ignatius of Loyola University of Applied Sciences has been accredited by the Centre for Quality Assessment in Higher Education authorized by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Lithuania.
- St. Ignatius of Loyola University of Applied Sciences management system has been awarded the international ISO 9001 certificate.
The challenges of modern world and future prospects require to take responsibility for building the welfare and harmony. In order to achieve our goals and professional ambitions, we should not forget the fundamental values that provide meaning to our daily activities.
Each of us can become a creator of the future, who in the first place thinks about others and serves the good causes. Therefore, I invite you to start from ourselves and pursue not only professional goals, but also spiritual development.
Let us foster Respect, Love, Kindness, Beauty, Truth, Faith and Hope creating the environment that would be a wonderful and pleasant place to live.
Director PhD Aivaras Anužis